SAN DIEGO, Oct. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA), the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions, today announced it will participate as a gold level sponsor at the Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (SMISS) Annual Forum held virtually from October 29-31, 2020. NuVasive is also a committed platinum level sponsor of the annual forum for the proceeding three years, to further support the advancement of less invasive spine surgery.
"Our sponsorship of the SMISS annual forum marks the beginning of a partnership to educate surgeons on the benefits of less invasive spine surgery and the various approaches to enable a truly patient-specific and optimized surgical outcome," said Massimo Calafiore, executive vice president, Global Business Units at NuVasive. "As an industry leader in less invasive procedural techniques, we look forward to working alongside the SMISS presidential and leadership committees to help transform spine surgery and further advance the standard of care for patients."
During the virtual event, NuVasive will participate in two live workshops:
- How Advanced Materials Science™ (AMS) Technologies Helped Improve Clinical and Financial Outcomes at Nebraska Spine Hospital, presented by J. Brian Gill, orthopedic surgeon at the Nebraska Spine and Pain Center. The workshop will take place on Saturday, October 31 from 6:40 a.m.-6:55 a.m. PT; and
- NuVasive: Pioneers in Single-Position Surgery - An Analysis of Lateral & Prone, presented by Alex Thomas, neurosurgeon at Atlantic Neurosurgical and Spine Specialists. The workshop will take place on Saturday, October 31 from 8:20 a.m.-8:25 a.m. PT.
NuVasive is also the exclusive sponsor of the "Young Surgeon Free Paper on Demand Series" that includes 12 sessions for surgeons to view throughout the meeting, including Adopting a New Surgical Technique: A Personal Journey with XLIF®, presented by Ivan Cheng, spine surgeon and professor of orthopedic surgery at the Stanford University Medical Center.
"NuVasive's long-term commitment to SMISS is a reflection of its prioritization of the value of surgeon education," said Juan Uribe, SMISS president and chief of the division of spinal disorders at Barrow Neurological Institute in Arizona. "SMISS is pleased to work together with NuVasive in creating a curriculum that will support young surgeon development and the adoption of less invasive procedures that are more efficient in the operating room and enable better clinical outcomes for the patient."
In addition, NuVasive will host a virtual exhibit featuring several technologies as part of its comprehensive procedural portfolio for less invasive surgery, including:
- X360™ system – Comprehensive approach to lateral single-position surgery, which leverages advanced techniques and technologies to deliver patient-specific care, while enhancing operating room workflow and efficiency;
- AMS – Porous implant technologies combining the inherent benefits of porosity with the advantageous material properties of PEEK and titanium, designed for fusion; and
- Pulse® platform – Integrated technology platform that includes neuromonitoring, surgical planning, radiation reduction, imaging and navigation functions, with extensible capabilities for robotics and smart tools, designed to improve a surgeon's ability to utilize less invasive surgical techniques.1
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming surgery, advancing care, and changing lives through less invasive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's procedural portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,800 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
NuVasive cautions you that statements included in this news release that are not a description of historical facts are forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors which, if they do not materialize or prove correct, could cause NuVasive's results to differ materially from historical results or those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The potential risks and uncertainties which contribute to the uncertain nature of these statements include, among others, risks associated with acceptance of the Company's surgical products and procedures by spine surgeons, development and acceptance of new products or product enhancements, clinical and statistical verification of the benefits achieved via the use of NuVasive's products (including the iGA® platform), the Company's ability to effectually manage inventory as it continues to release new products, its ability to recruit and retain management and key personnel, and the other risks and uncertainties described in NuVasive's news releases and periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NuVasive's public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission are available at www.sec.gov. NuVasive assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances arising after the date on which it was made.
1 Certain applications of the Pulse platform are under development and not available for commercial sale; robotics and smart tools are not cleared for use by the FDA.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nuvasive-to-participate-as-gold-level-sponsor-at-smiss-annual-forum-301160092.html
SOURCE NuVasive, Inc.
Investor Contact: Suzanne Hatcher, NuVasive, Inc., 858-458-2240, email@example.com or Media Contact: Jessica Tieszen, NuVasive, Inc., 858-736-0364, firstname.lastname@example.org